TABLE OF CONTENTS
Please read this FAQ fully.
A scenario exists in which orders we import from Catch show the incorrect product. So the order in our system has a product but that product is not the item the buyer added to their cart and purchased.
This happens because the UPC data attached to the cart product is not the same as the UPC data we have imported with your product from your eCommerce Store. This is not an Omnivore issue. It is a UPC Data issue where-by your UPC data is not a match for what Catch has in their database.
In short, if you receive orders for incorrect items on Catch it is always due to an issue with the UPC codes that are provided. Catch is a curated marketplace that works based on a catalogue of UPC codes. If a product is submitted with an incorrect UPC code and that code exists already at Catch's end then your offer will be attached to whatever product is in Catch's catalogue.
- Product A on Catch has a UPC.
- Product A in Omnivore (that comes from your eCommerce Store) has a different UPC.
- The UPC from Product A on Catch is connected to one of your 'other products'.
- The 'other product' gets sent to the seller not the item that was in the cart.
- Sellers attempt to re-use UPC codes which does not work, UPC data is unique.
- The first thing to do is check your own UPC Data on the affected products, take note of each product and the UPC data. Prepare this information in preparation to send it to Catch Support.
- If you are sure that your UPC data is correct you will need to contact Catch Marketplace and send them the full details.
- Details are: product name, variant titles, sizes and UPC codes for each variant. You will need to include photos for each variant showing the official UPC code.
- Ask Catch to check and correct the UPC data they have in their database.
- Follow the instructions provided by Catch Marketplace while they correct their data. This is a very specific process.
- Catch often perform a product purge of the affected products. This is a Catch function only.
- When Catch confirm their data is not correct and they are going to complete a product purge, at this stage you will need to Block the affected products in Omnivore so we don't attempt to update those products during the purge process.
- When Catch has confirmed a successful purge has been completed, you can then unblock any affected products.
- YOU CANNOT COMPLETE THESE STEPS YOURSELF WITHIN CATCH. YOU HAVE TO CONTACT CATCH VIA email@example.com EXPLAINING THE ISSUE AND ASK THEM TO DO THIS FOR YOU.
The only way you can fix this is to send your product information and issue to Catch Support Team. They have to assess, check and possibly purge any UPC data in their catalogue and database.