TABLE OF CONTENTS
Many Magento 1 Retailers are in the process of upgrading from Magento 1 to Magento 2. If you are in this situation, please consider the following:
- The upgrade path from Magento 1 to Magento 2 requires a completely new integration with Omnivore - you will need to download the Omnivore Magento 2 extension and create a new Omnivore account
- In our experience, despite best efforts, some Retailers are still having issues with their Magento 2 sites. This means that when you set Omnivore up for Magento 2, we may need to provide additional support from our Customer Support and Development teams
- If the level of support you need exceeds 3 hours or requires assistance beyond our Technical Support team (e.g a Developer) we reserve the right to charge for support. We will always let you know before we start charging and aim to keep charges to a minimum.
- If you would like additional help where we do more of the setup for you, you can utilise our Onboarding Package
- Monthly billing on your Magento 1 service continues until you turn it off but we will provide a 30 day free period on Magento 2 from installation to allow time to complete the setup
- Allow enough time to set Omnivore up - from the installation of the extension to listing products on the marketplace can take anywhere between a few hours, a couple of days, or a few weeks depending on how quickly you want to get it done.
Steps to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2
If you have existing listings on Catch then we recommend the following:
- Choose Catch as the Marketplace to set up
- When you go through the signup wizard, don't add the API key for Catch just yet, we will add it once you're ready to list.
- Finalise your setup - see this checklist for help. TIP: Look at your setup for Catch in your Magento 1 Omnivore account and just copy across the settings, product groups etc.
- When you're ready to push up listings to Catch, add the API key under 'Settings - Catch - General' then go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Catch'
- Make sure you remove the API key for Catch in your Omnivore Magento 1 Account (go to Settings - Catch - General) so that you're not receiving orders to Magento 1 and Magento 2.