TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Scenario 1: A firewall is blocking access to the WooCommerce site
- Scenario 2: Is your registered API endpoint correct and publicly visible?
- Scenario 3: Invalid SSL certificate
- Scenario 4: Changes to your WooCommerce Store or Hosting
- Existing Account: Test the connection between WooCommerce and CatchFeeder
- Existing Account: CatchFeeder Account can no longer connect to WooCommerce.
Here are some guidelines for troubleshooting and correcting different scenarios when our system cannot connect to your WooCommerce Store or if you already have an existing Account in our System and cannot move beyond the 'Create An Account' step.
If you have moved your WooCommerce Site to a new server or hosting platform you will need to restore the connection to the CatchFeeder or eBay LINK App. Please review this FAQ fully.
Scenario 1: A firewall is blocking access to the WooCommerce site
Your server might have configured a firewall or some other IP based filtering. If this the case you'll likely see an error stating any of the following:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Remote error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
java.lang.RuntimeException: Remote error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
To resolve, please white-list the IPs of our Production servers.
See here for a full list of CatchFeeder IP Addresses
The above errors might also occur if the protocol (http or https) is wrong, for instance your server can only do http but the endpoint is entered as https, or vice versa.
Scenario 2: Is your registered API endpoint correct and publicly visible?
If you see the following message then we cannot connect to your WooCommerce site.
'Can't connect to WooCommerce API at https://...'
There are a couple of options if the URL is wrong:
- If you already have an account and the URL has changed please contact support and we can update the value. Please see more details on this below.
- If you are a new user you will need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, before your first connection you can enter the correct URL.
Scenario 3: Invalid SSL certificate
If the endpoint is secure, ie. uses https, make sure your SSL certificate is valid. A self-signed certificate is usually not enough.
An easy method to check the SSL certificate is to use the Qualys SSL Server Test
Pay attention to expiration date and chain issues.
Scenario 4: Changes to your WooCommerce Store or Hosting
Have you updated Wordpress, WooCommerce or your hosting then your connection broke? This can happen sometimes, the URL of your API endpoint could have changed, try the following patterns:
To test each pattern:
- go to Settings > Feed > General
- record the original API Endpoint URL
- change your API Endpoint URL
- click "Update" at the bottom of the page
- click "Test Connection"
- If you see "Connection to WooCommerce API is successful" then that pattern worked and you are done, please try the above patterns in order.
Existing Account: Test the connection between WooCommerce and CatchFeeder
To test the connection between WooCommerce and our platform, go to 'Settings' - 'Feeds' - 'General' then click the 'Test Connection' button. If we can connect to your WooCommerce store, you should see a confirmation message: 'Connection to WooCommerce API is successful'.
Existing Account: CatchFeeder Account can no longer connect to WooCommerce.
Before you reach out to our Support Team, please follow these simple steps from inside your WooCommerce setup. (This will get you beyond the step where you have to Create A New Account.)
- Deactivate and Uninstall the CatchFeeder Plugin. Do not proceed until the Plugin is deleted.
- Reinstall the CatchFeeder Plugin.
- Click to go to the CatchFeeder Page in Woocommerce.
- Click Save and then click the Go To CatchFeeder Button.
- This will take you to the Registration Page. Please Stop at this point. Do not continue, instead please copy the URL Address of that page, and also do a Screen Shot.
- Paste the copied URL and the screen shot and send them to Support.
- With the URL and screen capture we can find your renewed connection and link your account.
- If for some reason you do continue beyond point 4/5 you will need to repeat the process, we require the exact URL after you click Save and Go to CatchFeeder .