TABLE OF CONTENTS
Overview & Steps
This FAQ reviews everything you need to know as a retailer with existing listings on the Catch marketplace.
If you are already selling on Catch you have the option to either remove or connect to existing listings if all exist on your website and the data matches what is already in Catch. Please consider all of the steps below before you proceed.
First step for setup
Advise Catch that you will be integrating using CatchFeeder
Remove existing listings from Catch (option 1):
- Install the CatchFeeder App/Extension for your eCommerce store.
- Create your CatchFeeder account and choose Catch as the Marketplace.
- When you go through the sign-up flow, don't add the API key for Catch just yet, you can add it once you're ready to list.
- Finalise your setup - see this checklist for help.
- Important - Before hitting "start selling" in CatchFeeder you must input a date in the field "Do Not Import Orders Before" or we will import any of your recent orders that you may have already dispatched. This date should be the date that you hit "start selling". This setting can be found in Omnivore/Catchfeeder at Settings->Catch->General. Please make sure you hit the "Update Settings" button after inserting the date.
- When you're ready to push up listings to Catch, add the API key under 'Settings - Catch - General' then go to the Dashboard and click 'Upload to Catch'
- Catch will need to review the products sent up by CatchFeeder. If Catch are happy to approve them we can request for your current listings to be ended.
- Catch will remove the old listings - this will usually take 36 to 48 hours.
- Once the listings are removed, the new listings can be uploaded. Click 'Upload to Catch' to send new listings up and request approval.
Note that there will be downtime of a minimum of 36-48 hours where you won't have listings in your store while the old listings are removed and new ones uploaded.
Keep existing listings on Catch (option 2):
If you want to keep your existing Catch listings please follow the instructions below to see if this will be possible.
- Login to https://marketplace.catch.com.au/
- Go to 'My Inventory' - 'offer list' - you will see a column called 'Offer Sku'
- In CatchFeeder, find a product and view the product details page. The offer SKU in Catch needs to match one of the following fields in Omnivore;
- Retailer Ref
- If the Offer SKU in Catch is the same as one of these field values you should be able to link your products in Catchfeeder with your existing listings on Catch. Please contact our Support Team with the value that matches to your Catch Offer SKU and they will be able to assist.
If the Catch Offer SKU does not match with one of the field values above we won't be able to take over any existing listings. In this case, please follow the instructions in Option 1 and arrange to have your current listings purged.
Remove any existing mapping configurations:
- Login to Catch and under My Account > Settings > Imports > Scroll down to the bottom and click “Delete my configuration” and “Delete my value lists”
- If you don't do this, you may receive the error message "Category could not be identified" when you list products.
Key points to note:
There is value in keeping existing listings on Catch, removing existing offers can impact Catch search results and will remove all product ratings, etc. We suggest speaking with the Catch Team or your Onboarding Specialist if you need more information regarding this.