TABLE OF CONTENTS
This is current advice as at May 27 2021.
This FAQ covers two specific validation errors:
- Skus with same variant ID belong to different existing products.
- You can't update product XXXXX from Single to Attribute type.
This error occurs if the existing variation structure of the product is different from what is being imported. Once a product is approved, the variation structure cannot be modified unless the old product data is wiped.
For example, a particular product was previously submitted with 2 variant sizes and was approved, the following week, a change is made to add another size option. since the product was initially approved with 2 variant sizes, the Catch system with its limitations will not be able to modify the current structure to have 3 variant sizes and it will throw an error "Skus with same variant ID belong to different existing products". This also applies to colour variations.
How To Fix The Product
The only fix is for Catch to wipe product and offer data, they will have to wipe all SKUs submitted to them with the same variant ID, they also need to wait for 48 hours to allow the Catch system to flush out all the cached data. Only then will it be possible to re-upload the product with all 3 variant sizes and the product will need to go through the product approval phase again.
Please note that wiping involves:
- Clearing out existing SKU and other identifiers for the sellers Catch store.
- Clearing out sales history (ratings and reviews).
- Clearing out offer data.
If you intend to use the "same" SKUs you will have to wait for 48 hours as that is the downtime required by Mirakl to flush out old data.
If the SKUs are changing then you can import them straight away and the listings will be live after the regular process of approving products.
All sellers must acknowledge the above in order for a data wipe to be approved.
Catch can't just wipe product data right away, they also have to check if:
1. There are other seller's selling the products.
2. The data ownership of the product belongs to the seller requesting a data wipe.
3. If the data structure was created by Catch In-stock team.
4. How many seller's will be affected if we wipe the product and offer data.
5. The seller's data quality.
Summary & Important Points
Steps that need to be taken
- Raise a ticket with Catch Seller Support or include them into an existing ticket with our support team.
- Provide Catch with the affected product data (SKU's etc).
- Let us know that you agree to have your data wiped as this will remove sales history (ratings and reviews).
- If you are going to reuse the same skus block the product in Omnivore for at least 48 hours.
- Once you receive notification from Catch that the product data has been purged, unblock the product in Omnivore and set off an Upload to Catch.