This article shows you how to setup Magento with multiple websites and multiple currencies, for full control over the prices in different currencies.
If you follow the approach outlined below it's more likely you will be able to use Catchfeeder without issues around pricing, taxes and currency conversion.
- Enable a different currency for each Website
- Create a new Website, Store and Store View
- Set the currency for the new Website
- Associate products with the new Website
- Set the appropriate price for the product in the new Store View
- Repeat for all the products that you want in the new Website
1. Enable a different currency for each Website
System -> Catalog -> Catalog -> Price
2. Create a new Website, Store and Store View
System -> Configuration -> Manage Stores
Create a Website: this will be the New Zealand website with products with prices in NZD for Trade Me
Create a Store within the Website:
Create a Store View within the Store:
The end result
Hover over the NZ Store View words and write down the ID number that pops up in the yellow label, in this case 4.
You will need to enter this number in your Trade Runner configuration screen in Settings -> Feeds -> Magento Store View ID as explained here:
Magento 1 Currency Recipes in the Recipe #3
3. Set the currency for the new Website
Set the currency for NZ Website: System -> Currency Setup -> Switch Current Configuration Scope to NZ Website
Change Base Currency, Default Display Currency and Allowed Currencies as in the screenshot below
4. Associate products with the new Website
Catalog -> Manage Products -> Edit -> Websites
Now you will see in the list the Main Website and also the new Website, ie the NZ website. Check the checkbox to make the product appear in the NZ Website
5. Set the appropriate price for the product in the new Store View
Set the price for NZ
Still on the product page, click Price, then change the Store View to NZ Store View using the Chose Store View selector.
Uncheck the Use Default Value checkbox then enter the price in NZD.
Attention: if you skip this step, the product will have the same price expressed in NZD as it has expressed in AUD, which is not what you want!
Chose an appropriate Tax Class.
Hit the Save button.
Go back to the Manage Products screen and verify that the product now shows as available in the NZ Website.
If you switch Store View to NZ Store View you will also be able to verify that the price is the right one.
6. Repeat for all the products that you want in the new Website
Do not forget the important steps:
- Set the website for the product
- Set the NZ price for the product