CatchFeeder is a handy app designed to make selling on www.catch.com.au easier by automating the creation of listings and sending orders back to your ecommerce store for fulfilment.
CatchFeeder works for Magento 1, Magento 2, Shopify, BigCommerce and WooCommerce.
When you install the app, it will import the products from your ecommerce store into CatchFeeder. You can then choose which products you want to list on Catch.
You can also make changes to your products in CatchFeeder without changing the products in your ecommerce store. Change details such as the price or product titles, to have the best chance of making sales on Catch.
Product listings and inventory on Catch are kept in Sync with your ecommerce store via full product syncs and individual product/inventory updates as they happen (depending on your ecommerce store).
Orders from Catch are imported into CatchFeeder then sent to your ecommerce store so you can use your existing fulfilment processes.
The dashboard of CatchFeeder summarises your Products and Orders. The Products section shows at a glance, how many products are listed or not listed, and why.
The orders section will give you a summary of orders received and also notify you of any order issues that you need to look at.
You can also see a list of your top selling products on Catch.
If your ecommerce store is Shopify or BigCommerce
- CatchFeeder will do a full sync of all products once every 7 days, usually on a Saturday night around midnight. All product information such as price, inventory, description, images and title are updated.
- In between the full sync, products and inventory are kept up to date in almost ‘real time’. If you change the inventory CatchFeeder will update the product listing on Catch.
- The weekly full sync and ‘real time’ updates ensure all products are kept up to date.
If your ecommerce store is Magento 1 or 2
- CatchFeeder will do a full sync of all products once every day, usually overnight around midnight. All product information such as price, inventory, description, images and title are updated.
- Throughout the day, inventory is updated every 20 minutes between Magento, CatchFeeder and Catch. If you change the inventory in magento, CatchFeeder will update the product listing on Catch. Products that go out of stock in Magento will be removed from Catch.
If your ecommerce store is WooCommerce
- CatchFeeder will do a full sync of all products once every day, usually overnight around midnight. All product information such as price, inventory, description, images and title are updated. You can schedule a product sync more than once a day if you want products/inventory updated but this depends on the number of products you have.
- Note: If you have changed a product in CatchFeeder for Catch the product will remain unchanged on Catch even if you change it on your ecommerce store.
For example, if you have created a pricing rule on a product in CatchFeeder so that Catch has a different price to your ecommerce store, even if you change the price in Shopify/BigCommerce/Magento, the Catch price will remain as you have set it in CatchFeeder.
Managing and listing products
How to List Products
- To list a product on www.catch.com.au you need to choose a Catch category to list the product in.
For more information on how to do this, see the Category Mapping FAQs.
- Note: All listings will be approved by Catch before they are available for everyone to see and purchase from. If you have listings that are not approved, please contact your Account Manager at Catch to get them approved.
How to Block Products
If you have products that you don’t want to list on Catch, you can block them. There are a number of ways to block (or unblock) products.
- Single products: To block products go to the Products page from the left hand nav. Search for the product(s) you want to block. Check the box then from the ‘Actions’ menu, choose Block all selected.
- Block by Keyword: To block products by keyword, go to ‘Settings – Catch - General’ then scroll down to Product Exclusions.
- Bulk Block: There is also a bulk block or unblock feature. Go to 'Products - Bulk Block'
How to End a Listing
- To end a product that is listing on Catch, find the product and go to the page with the full product information. Scroll down and click the ‘End Listing’ button.
- You can also block products that are listing and this will also end the listing on Catch.
Product Listing Errors
- Sometimes, not all products will list on Catch. If we have tried to list your products but there is a problem Catch returns a validation error. Any errors are listed under ‘Errors’ in the Dashboard.
- To ensure that you don’t have products listing and sold on Catch, we recommend using a stock buffer. You can set this up under ‘Settings – Administration’. If you have a stock buffer set up, then the quantity listed on Catch will be your inventory less the stock buffer.
Optimising products for Catch
- If you want to price your products on Trade Me differently to your ecommerce store (i.e increase or decrease the price) you can do so via the Promotions feature.
- From the left hand nav, select ‘Promotions – Add new’.
- You can apply a pricing rule to a group of SKU’s or all products.
- Note that your products should not be more expensive on Catch than your ecommerce store.
- To maximise your chance of sales on Catch, its recommended to optimise your Product Titles with keywords such as the brand name, colour, size and/or what the product is however, you may not want to add this type of information to your titles in your Ecommerce store.
- In CatchFeeder you can change an individual product title for Catch. Go to ‘Products – All Products’ and in the table on the right hand side you will see a column ‘Product Title on Catch’. Click the product title to edit and save.
- You can also create a rule to apply a change to all product titles. Go to ‘Settings – Feeds’ and in the Product Name field enter the rule you want to apply.
CatchFeeder checks Catch for orders every 10 minutes. Once the order is made available CatchFeeder will import it and send it through to your ecommerce store for fulfilment.
If CatchFeeder is unable to send the order through to ecommerce, you will receive an email notification and a message will appear in the Dashboard under the Orders section on the right.
You will be able to click through to the order and see what the issue is and what you need to do to resolve it. For example, it may be as simple as correcting a mismatching postcode.
CatchFeeder will check your ecommerce store every 2 hours to see if the status of the order has changed to Shipped. Once the order has been marked as shipped in your ecommerce store, Catch will then be updated.
Please note: Catch does not send the Customer's email address on the Catch order.
The options available for shipping are:
- Flat rate shipping
- Free shipping; on all products or for products over a certain threshold
- Shipping based on 18 defined shipping zones - create a flat rate for each zone. You can also set different rates for parcel sizes within each zone. NB: for a breakdown of zones/postcodes, see this Catch FAQ.
- Weight based shipping - you will need to set up Product Groups using the Weight criteria in CatchFeeder then link each product group to a Catch Logistics Class in CatchFeeder.
- Shipping charges for different products as defined using Product Groups in CatchFeeder.
To get set up you need to sign up for a Catch Account first, contact Catch here.
Contact us once you have the account and we will help you get set up.
If you have any problems with the use of CatchFeeder - setting it up or any problems associated with listings on Catch or orders, please check our FAQs and support content first. If you can't find your answer in the support section and FAQs, you can raise a support request.
If you need support around Catch e.g your Catch account, please contact your Catch Account Manager.
The Support team at CatchFeeder work very closely with the Integration and Account Management teams at Catch to make sure you are set up and trading as best as possible. If you're not sure who to contact, you can get in touch with us and we will either work with Catch to resolve your issue/problem or let you know who to contact.